Saturday, December 8, 2007

One Month

Dear Lucy-

You're one month old now. It's hard for me to believe that it's already been four weeks since you joined us folks on the outside. I thought I would be the family expert, as Mom is the youngest in her family and I'm the oldest, so I was around babies a lot more. I also thought that my experience with Hailey and Melia would be helpful.

Well, I am a boy. Mom is a girl, and girls in general have more baby experience than boys. Also, it's been more than 12 years since I was so involved with babies. So, I've learned this month that I've forgotten (or never had) the experience I thought would immediately come to mind.

Here are ten things I've (re)learned this last month with you:

10) You know who has the milk.
9) I need to thank MY mother for all she did for me.
8) Love reaches new depths when you entered our home.
7) Your Mom will move mountains for you.
6) Onesies have too many snaps. One is sufficient.
5) I can never change the diaper fast enough when you're hungry.
4) You love your hair brushed, from Day One.
3) You get junk mail.
2) When you burp, I feel better.
1) I love when you fall asleep in my arms.

Love, Dad

1 comment:

Christine said...

This is so cute! Maybe I can get my hubby to do this for our newest arrival. Probably not. :(