Saturday, December 8, 2007

What I've learned as a Mommy of 1 month . . .


10. You don't have to run all your errands in one session.
9. An electric pump equals freedom.
8. We truly do learn love through serving others.
7. My dishes may not always get cleaned, but my baby always gets rocked.
6. Time frames and newborns don't mix.
5. Lulling a baby to sleep is an incredible accomplishment.
4. My husband is the most patient, loving, and giving man I know.
3. Once the baby is asleep-focus on the basics: eat, sleep, bathroom . . . EVERYTHING else is just gravy.
2. No matter how young or old we are, our Mother's calming voice and loving touch can comfort us.
1. My Mother has possessed a love for me for the past 31 years I had no idea existed.

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Happy one month, little Lucy! Tell your mommy I especially love #7.

Christine said...

Oh how true that all is!!!

Nancy Zundel said...

Katie, I love the lists you and your husband made! They are so true! Thanks for all the good reminders (like letting my dishes go to be with my kids!) It's so easy to forget what is really important. You are so lucky Lucy is sleeping so well! I am so jealous! That is so nice! Take care and keep up the good work!

mindy said...

That's beautiful, Katie. Thank you for reminding me of the joys and realities of life with baby!