Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sweet Prayer

I can remember hearing in this last conference about doing your best to teach your toddler to pray and my thought was, "I'm sure trying, but I'm not sure it's helping". Then the other day we hadn't eaten very well all day so Marc BBQ-ed some chicken and we were sitting on the back porch eating it. It wasn't really dinner, just something to get some protein into us. Lucy looked at us after taking a few bites, she folded her arms and said, "Arms, Amen?"

We were quickly humbled by our toddler who had learned to pray and said a blessing on our food. What a blessing it is to teach, mold and be taught as a Mother . . .

2 comments:

girlsmama said...

They are always listening! I'm always surprised. Good luck this weekend! I pray it all goes well.

Christine said...

This is about the sweetest thing I have heard in a while. What a precious little one.