Thursday, May 5, 2011

Nursery reveal (before and after)

As embarrassing as these are to show; I am pleased with the end result.  Before this room was the nursery, it was the "office". Which when translated correctly means: "The catch-all room".

Because we had the space, we'd just put whatever we needed to in this room and shut the door.

As you can see, it was pretty bad.

It's also where David would take his naps

And would you look at her now! All clean, freshly painted and ready for our little lady!

The crib up-close.

I love the bumper pad. Isn't my Mom amazing! She also made the valance, the curtain to hide the shelves, the bed skirt and blanket and . . . 

Lovely little shelves filled with delicate things like: the tea set my Grandma made me when I was little, the statue my mom has and she gave to all of her daughters, the pillow my Grandma embroidered, the sign my best friend sent me when I was having Lucy and some treasured books.

I love this picture. The two things currently hanging on the walls of the nursery are: a picture of The Savior with the children and the alphabet. As I looked at that last night I thought how fitting the pictures were. What more could I want for this baby than for her to have the gospel and a love of learning in her life.

And an up-close shot of the rug (with some cute little Lucy toes) that the moment I saw it, I had to have it . We are very excited for our newest family member to join the family. 

4 comments:

JMadd said...

That's really beautiful!

Christine said...

It is a gorgeous room. I especially like the rug too. :)

Unknown said...

I love it! I want my baby to nap there! DARLING.

Where did you find that fab rug?

Kelly said...

We have that same crib! I love it, drop sides and all.