Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Blessing sweet Vivian

Vivian received a name and a blessing from her Daddy on Father's Day. The blanket was made by my Mom with scraps left over from when she made my wedding dress.

I absolutely fell in love with this dress when I saw it and isn't that sweet slip to die for. I was worried it would be too small when I bought it and it turns out she was swimming in it!

Our little sweetheart in her slip. We snapped this shot about 10 minutes before church was starting!

Sweet Vivian Rose all ready to receive a lovely blessing from her Daddy. She was perfect through the blessing-I understand Uncle Ryan was in charge of the binky-good job Uncle Ryan!

Marc gave her a tender blessing. Parts that stand out to me most was that he told her how grateful we were to have her as a part of our family, he also blessed her with a great intellect and a kind heart. He always uses the most beautiful words when he gives blessings and I am always so touched.

Such sweet sisters. I love how much Lucy adores her little Vivi.

We didn't get pictures of the many family and friends who came to support us on this special day. But here is a shot of Marc and me with our three babies. Can you believe in less than five years time I have gone from single to this! Life is wonderful.

Dear Vivian, we are so very thankful you are a part of our family. We love you. We know you were meant to be our's. We treasure your sweetness daily.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

What a miracle

Kendra said...

such a cute dress...Brooke wore tht one (her Auntie Joy bought it for her and I fell in LOVE with it). She is beautiful!

Megan said...

Katie, she is beautiful! I love her dress. What a special day for your family and so great that it was on Father's Day! I am so happy for your sweet family!

ls said...

she is beautiful, katie! her dress reminds me so much of the one pearl wore-- did you end up getting it at four-and-twenty sailors? i love it! and no, i cannot believe that in 5 years you have gone from my single professor to married with THREE children! it is amazing and wonderful!