Monday, September 12, 2011

First day of pre-school

Lucy has started preschool! She won't start kindergarten for two more years so we're doing a neighborhood co-op this year. I am excited for it (but not near as excited as Lucy is). We made a calendar for her to track when preschool was starting and when the day finally came, she wore her backpack around all morning. I love it.
I am working with some incredible mothers and we decided we wanted our focus for our childrens' first school experience to be centered around values. I love that I can be doing this in my child's life. I've always been a teacher, but being able to use my skills with my own children is heaven.
*Note: We just went next door for her first class. As we started to go out the front door, Lucy turned to me and said, "Mom I know where I'm going." When I asked if I could go  with her because I was excited to see her start preschool, she said, "Um, ok."

4 comments:

Bre said...

That's so exciting! Are you doing the Joy School Curriculum? I've heard fabulous things about that.

Katie said...

We actually just decided on a schedule (carpet time, pledge, books, free play, music etc) and we assigned a different value to each week to be the theme. Kind of laid back-which I think is perfect for her age. But I have heard a lot of great things about Joy School.

Christine said...

She looks so excited!!!

Linda Stahr said...

I did joy school with Savannah. It was awesome - very easy, and fun for the children too.