Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Best weekend yet . . .

We bought tickets 15 months ago to see Wicked (we actually bought them from a nurse we worked with when Vivian was born!) We were so excited when the day finally came that we decided to make a weekend excursion out of it. We started by going to the temple and then we headed to The Anniversary Inn. It was fabulous! Each room has a theme and ours' was the "Hayloft" that resembled a barn that had been made over to be a hotel room. It was complete with rose petals, Martinelli's on ice, chocolate covered strawberries, cheesecake, a jacuzzi . . .



and Marc's favorite: chips & salsa

This is what we woke up to

A view from outside the hotel

We walked around downtown, saw the City Creek Mall (loved Tiffany's and H&M), had lunch at an incredible Italian place and then headed to Wicked with Butterflies in our stomach!

The show was phenomenal! Why did I wait so long to see it??? I laughed out loud through Popular and cried into my hands during, For Good. The play was a spiritual experience that allowed me to feel so deeply about so many different elements of my life. To say I loved it would be an understatement. At the end of the day, we came home to our sweet babies and I told Marc that this had been our best weekend yet! I love adventures and even more, I love doing them with my true love!

1 comment:

Christine said...

I am SO jealous!!! Those are two things I have been wanting to do - see Wicked and visit that inn.