Wednesday, March 20, 2013

"My sock hurts"

We're not exactly sure what happened (beyond that this little guy was jumping on a trampoline and playing outside all morning) but suddenly David came up to me and said, "My sock hurts." I tried to figure out what was wrong, but didn't see anything. He then began to limp around and get upset. We took him to the on-call pediatrician who sent us to another hospital to get x-rays and then we came back to be told everything was fine (at 9:30 at night) and were told to give him ibruprofen for the pain. Two days later we got a call saying another doctor checked the x-rays and found a hairline fracture and we needed to bring him back in for a cast!

He was a trooper when he got his cast on. He said to the nurse, "Can you fix my foot?" He struggled at bedtime when we could not take his cast off, but he has adjusted to it well.
And Lucy has been so helpful and good to him through it all. Such a good girl.

He is figuring out how to get around pretty well. It melts my heart when he says, "Will you take great care of me?" Such a sweet boy.

The cast needs to stay on for three weeks. We've got sixteen days left.



No comments: