Saturday, October 11, 2008

Eleven Months


Dear Lucy-

As you approach your one year anniversary, it's exciting to see you develop and learn new things. Here are some things I've observed this past month:

  1. Sitting is your preferred posture, and you've learned to spin around in order to access items of interest.
  2. Memphis, the Fat Pug, is the most interesting toy you have. He's warming up to the idea that the two of you can be friends. I wish his brain worked better so he could understand how much fun the two of you could have.
  3. Teeth. You have five of them now, and every once in a while you will grind them a few times as you figure out what to do with them. Don't worry about wearing them out; you'll get new ones in a few years.
  4. Tubby-time is a highlight of your day, and your favorite part of tubby-time is when the water is draining and reaches the level where when you kick your legs together, the splash is maximized. You know when this is happening and your kicking intensifies.
  5. One day you said, "BOO-shay" as if it were something miraculous and mysterious. You've said something similar a few times, but it sounds like a word describing what comes from the north end of a south-facing bull.
  6. When I pick you up, you put your arms on my shoulders and give me pats. I like that.
  7. We play a game on the bed at night where I ask you, "Are you being silly?" and you smile, roll your eyes, and flop over. After I tickle you, you sit up and we do it all over again.
  8. It's nice to see you excited for Mom when she comes home after being gone for a while. It's clear that you love her and that you feel safe when she is holding you. She's a great Mom.
  9. I can say, "Give some to Dad," and you will hold what you have up to my face.
  10. One of the highlights of my day is saying hello to you when I come home from work. The excitement is mutual.
Love,

Dad

1 comment:

Katie said...

You are such a good Daddy!