Thursday, October 9, 2008

One Month Shy of a Year!

How can my little baby be turning into such a little lady so quickly?
Lucy, it has been 11 wonderfully entertaining months since you entered our world and oh how I have learned so much in the process . . .

1) Your giggle is just about the cutest sound to ever exist.
2) I am a pretty good dancer and singer if you are the only one around to be the judge.
3) If you do not hit a developmental milestone perfectly, EVERYONE will have their 2 cents to say about it.
4) I can't help but to hold you up to the mirror and show you how cute you are right after a bath as you are wrapped in your elephant towel.
5) I love how you are turning into my little sidekick wherever I go.
6) You display a love of books already and you really enjoy turning the pages.
7) No matter how hard I try to distract you, you do NOT like to have clothes put on over your head!
8) Holidays are becoming nothing short of magical and I find myself looking forward to them like I did when I was a kid.
9) Your Daddy is sooooo patient! (I am not)
10) The day you wanted me to comfort you more than a bottle was the day I knew I really was a Mom.

3 comments:

mindy said...

Aw, I remember those "sidekick" days so fondly. I loved that about just having one. With two (or more, I'm sure) you feel much more "mom" when you are out. So many people to supervise.

Heidi said...

It's strange now to think that there was a time before Lucy. She just seems so much like part of the club now.

ls said...

Amen to number 2!