Monday, November 9, 2009

Lucy's 2-year-old Birthday Party

The night before Lucy's birthday, I couldn't wait for Marc to set up her awesome tee-pee so she would see it first thing in the morning. Wouldn't you know the stick pony we got for a dollar was her favorite thing! She quickly started to love the tee-pee too.
David also enjoyed the tee-pee . . .
The horses were a big hit! Marc couldn't believe I got one for each kid. When I told him I spent $5 bucks total on them, he then thought it was a great idea ;)
We had a nice system, Lucy's friend, Alessia, would bring a present to Heidi, Lucy would open it, then all the little kids would play with it. Repeat.
I was so excited for these head-dresses and of course none of the kids wanted to wear them . . . oh well.
Lucy requested a "yellow and red cake". She got her wish! We even added some plastic horses on top too.
In the end, I think the day was magical and I loved seeing Lucy being old enough to play with all her little friends. This Mom thing sure is fun!

*A funny side story: One of Lucy's friends got her a tea-set which was a big hit with all the kids. I just had to laugh as I watched all these caucasian kids having their tea party in the middle of a tee-pee.

4 comments:

Christine said...

That tee pee looks like a lot of fun! What a great party!

Julianne said...

Don't worry - Bryan and Anna have both worn their head-dresses! What great pictures!

Heidi said...

Fun party! Can't wait until next year!

Cheryl said...

Cute party theme! I'm sure Lucy and David will have tons of fun with their teepee and ponies!
And for Whitney's "princess" party, I helped them make their own tiaras-and none of the girls would wear them either. Go figure!