Monday, August 2, 2010

David, 14 months

We are simply in love with our little man. Here is a little update:

-He says: "Mom, Dad, cracker (for all food), throw and Lucy" There's also a lot of babbling/grunting in there that we're not exactly sure what it all means. He also signs for "more"
-He has gone from army crawling to regular crawling to bear crawling. He also walks all around the furniture, but has not yet been brave enough to take off on his own
-He can make the greatest sound effects with his mouth. Lucy tries to replicate them but she doesn't even come close
-He is happy most of the time and if he is unhappy, you can usually remedy it pretty quick with a good tickle which always makes him laugh
-He eats A LOT. I have a hard time keeping enough food in him (makes sense that he is in the 90th percentile for height and weight)
-Our pediatrician always says, "I wish I had 100 more just like him. He is the picture of health." For that, we feel VERY blessed
-My parents used to say right after my brother, Kevin, went on his mission, "From day one he has always been an absolute joy to raise." I now completely understand what they mean with my own son.

(notice the milk on his chin-such a boy)
And sometimes-things are a little tricky . . .
We LOVE our "Mr. Sun"

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that sweet boy! He looks like his daddy!

Cheryl said...

Wow, I can't believe he's already 14 months! He's a cutie. And so is Lucy. I see a lot of you in him, but I can see Marc too. Funny how the kids are a mix of both parents.
I wish Reagan was talking as much as David. The only words she says are Mommy, Daddy, Bob, and Uh-Oh. I'm hoping to get her talking more before she goes into nursery in a few more weeks! Hope you're doing well even though I know you've gone through some rough times.

JMadd said...

He's gonna be a heart-breaker with those eyes!

Heidi said...

He's so easy to love!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh. These pictures are ADORABLE! what a cutie-pie!!!