Sunday, August 29, 2010

Midnight Timp Hike 2010

Here is our crew (Heidi, Jamie, Me and Marc) at 11:57pm ready to begin our hike up Mt. Timpanogas. 8/27/10
Part way up. See the view behind us? Yeah, neither could we. The trail was pitch black all the way up. I really liked hiking at night though. It seemed to go fast, it was nice and cool and you appreciated the view so much coming down.
Us at the top! (the saddle to be exact). We snapped this view with the city lights just before the fog rolled in.
All four of us trying to stay warm before the sun came up (the bright light is Heidi)
While waiting for the sun to make it's debut, Marc took a little nap. The blue hood next to me is my husband ;)
And this was our view of the sunrise! Yep-a bunch of fog. Oh well.
Had to document us on top with our great view of the fog.
Heading down in the fog . . .
BUT the fog did make for some breathtaking views of the sun rising over the valley and it made the wildflowers even more bright and vivid. It was a gorgeous hike down.
The last 3 1/2 miles I had blisters which was really painful. My wonderful husband was so patient with me. It was so great to have an adventure again. (oh and the kids were fast asleep at home with a babysitter).

A little bonus music from our buddy at the top:

2 comments:

Christine said...

What a fun idea! How lame about the fog at the top though. You guys are always out having adventures.

Heidi said...

I am not sure why I look so crazy-eyed in that first pic. I guess I was thinking about the fact that I was going to hike all night long!

Love the song. I guess I missed that when I headed to the top.