Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hiking The Subway

Here is the gang all ready to go hike The Subway in Zion National Park. Daryl flew out from Boston for it and Brian and Lisa came down from Idaho-such a great group of dear friends.
Brian, Abby, Lisa, Daryl, Jerick, Marc, Katie, Cindy, Heidi, Ginny & Jared
At the start-we got a view of a cool controlled fire on our way in through the forest part

Getting down into the slot canyon (it was steep) . . .
Our first repel-thank goodness for brave, strong men and rope!
heading through the hike-oh how I love this hike! The variety is so amazing.
Swimming in some FREEZING water
Going through the key hole-can you tell how tight some of the parts were. Right after this part, you swim under a rock to get through-it was incredible.
Getting ready to go in. Heidi said to smile, so I did, but I was scared . . .
We did it! My true love was always there to catch me!
Here comes my hero and favorite adventure buddy . . .
Gives you an idea just how tight some parts of the canyon were . . .
Nothing says true love like Chacos in a slot canyon . . .
The heart of The Subway-do you love it?
We just hiked through all of this-breathtaking!
The last descent-so scary!!! I just had to hold on, look at Jarick and not think about it . . .
The red waterfall . . . this site amazes me and I love that I got to see it with Marc this time!
Below are some great shots of the hike for your viewing enjoyment . . .





Subway Ahoy!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Let's go back!

Lemme said...

that looks incredible!

Christine said...

You adventurous woman! That looks beautiful.

mindy said...

I was only able to do the first 1/2 or 2/3 of the Subway years ago as one of our party sprained her ankle. I hope to do the whole thing someday. Looks like you had a blast.