Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dear David Andrew,

 My dear sweet baby, you are getting so big! You are 15 months old-wow! Here are some of your latest and greatest things:

-You say so much now (much has to be translated-but you are full of words). Some things you say are: "maaak" for milk, "Mom", "Dad", "Ducy" for Lucy, "Hiiii-dee" for Heidi, "Aaaallll done" for all done, "cracker" for all food, and so many more-your language cracks me up.
-You are such a boy! Lucy never loved things like dirt, wheels, cars, trucks, tractors like you love these things. You seem to be able to take anything apart that is handed to you (pens, handles on pots, toys, etc). You are always getting filthy and it doesn't bother you one bit. You pick tomatoes right out of the garden and sit down and eat them right where you are.
 -You like to cuddle. I love holding you right after you wake up and rocking you in the chair. You look up at me, grab my lips and hum a little tune. You hum this same tune as you are falling asleep in your bed.
-You love babies. At church on Sunday, you went around to every baby in Relief Society and said a little hello to them. When you came to another little boy, also named David, you stopped and the two of you just giggled with one another. It was so fun to watch. You also get very concerned if a baby starts to cry and you often cry with them.

-I love that you are my son. I love that I can see the world through your rugged yet tender eyes. You bring so much joy, laughter and tenderness to our home. I love you.

Love,
Mom