Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Lucy bush

Lucy was born on November 7th, just in time for cold gray winter to come and show itself to the world. I found it VERY challenging to be home with a new baby that I was told not to take ANYWHERE for fear she would get RSV and unable to really get outside because it was so cold, snowy and we were having a terrible inversion. Needless to say, this left me feeling somewhat depressed. I looked out at our yard to see everything dying and losing its color. Then to my very pleasant surprise, I looked over to see this gorgeous purple bush in full bloom right before my eyes. It was without a doubt, a direct gift to me from God. A small sign to show me He was there, that He cared and that I needed to take the time to treasure the beauty of this current season of my life. The bush has remained my "Lucy bush" (and Lucy will be the first to inform you of this). Every time I see it, I am reminded of the incredible color of life that is mine to enjoy through the eyes of my dear sweet Lucy. And the best part is, the year Lucy was born, is the latest the bush has ever bloomed. It usually blooms about a month before her birthday. Coincidence? I know better.