Thursday, November 4, 2010

The details . . .

  • I am 10 weeks pregnant
  • Baby is due June 2nd 
  • David and baby will be exactly 2 years apart (Lucy will be 3 1/2)
  • I feel nauseous ALL the time, but I never throw-up
  • I feel better when I eat something
  • My pregnancies are fairly mild so I am able to keep up on the demands of life, but my best days are when I get a nap
  • Cravings: falafel, marinara sauce, salads and peaches
  • I am already showing
  • Who was the first to know? Lucy. She was giddy with excitement when I told her and when Marc got home from work she said, "Mommy has a tiny baby in her tummy." He looked up at me in a bit of shock and said, "Really?" I smiled, teared-up and hugged him
  • Lucy tells me it is a "baby sister" every time we talk about it (we'll find out for sure on Christmas)
  • I officially: hiked, Timp, The Subway and ran The Redrock Relay all while being pregnant-pretty impressive eh? The best part? I didn't even know I was pregnant yet ;)
  • We are absolutely thrilled
  • We saw the little peanut and heartbeat a week ago with an ultrasound and everything looks great. It was such a beautiful sight. The second he scanned where the baby was, I saw it, and my heart was absolutely overflowing with joy and gratitude

8 comments:

Becky J. said...

Congrats! That's awesome news! I hope you keep feeling well (or as well as a pregnant woman can feel in the first trimester). Can't wait to hear what it is!

Unknown said...

YAY! Hopefully you get better ASAP!

Gotta love the third time around...showing already!

Hang in there girl!

Christine said...

What a great blessing!!
With #3 I felt like I was showing WAY early.
I am glad you are not throwing up but I hope the nausea goes away soon. Its hard with two other little ones, huh?

benandkiki said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! I'm actually pregnant too.

Heidi said...

Oooo! I already love that new little peanut! Can't wait to meet them!

Sean said...

KATIE!!! This is the MOST exciting news!!! I am so excited for another addition to your family! Seriously...Your children are so beautiful and fun! :)

ls said...

AH! How did I miss this bit of news?! I was out of the blog loop for a bit, I guess, but this is so exciting! I honestly think that pregnancy and childbirth are such incredible, beautiful miracles and I have goosebumps (and even got a tiny bit teary, truthfully) thinking about you being able to add a third precious spirit to your family. Such a huge, enormous blessing, and it couldn't come to a better mama. Congratulations-- so, so happy for you.

I hadn't even noticed my reflection in Pearl's eyes in that picture, but when I looked, yes indeed, there I am. Thanks for pointing that out-- the symbolism that could be attached to that thought makes me happy :).

Hope you get feeling better soon-- yay for not throwing up at least, right?!

Aimee said...

Congrats. I am so excited for you and your family.