Monday, November 29, 2010

So what do you do all day?

As a Mother I am frequently asked, "So what do you do all day?" As if to mean I must have oh so much free time on my hands. Well if for nothing more than posterity's sake (and my own peace of mind) I would like to answer that question with a brief run down of what I have done all day (today, November 29, 2010):

-Kissed my husband and said prayers with him as he ran off to work, reminding him to check on the open enrollment dates for insurance plans
-Met the needs of my two waking babies with a little song and milk. Changed and dressed the babies and got each of them breakfast while turning on uplifting music in the background.
-Started load 1 of 6 loads of laundry I would do today (that would mean: wash, dry, fold and put away each load)
-Cleaned up the kitchen
-Got myself dressed and ready
-Responded to urgent emails
-Put on coats, shoes, etc and headed out the door to Mom, Me, and Monet art class

-Enjoyed art class with my two children
-Checked on a friend
-Ordered a broken piece to Lucy's car seat
-Arrived home and played with the children
-Replied to more work emails
-Made lunch for the children
-Ate lunch with the children
-Wrote in my journal
-Read some scriptures
-Checked in on another friend
-Cleaned the bathrooms with my children as my assistants
-Laundry going on all the while here
-Read to my children
-Laid my children down for a nap
-Picked up the house a bit
-Exercised
-Conducted a phone meeting with work
-More work emails
-Consulted with 3 experts on assessment to determine the next 2 tests we should teach to our students
-More work emails
-Revised the final for my CPSE 420 course
-Created a study guide for the final
-Finalized my presentation for class on Thursday
-Ordered 3 Christmas gifts online
-Transferred money from savings to checking
-More laundry
-Prepared a dinner for a family member in need
-And it is only 3:30pm my dear friends! I hear my children waking up for naps, so I am off to play some more with them . . . oh, and I'm also making a baby!

4 comments:

Lemme said...

LOVE this!! I was being really lazy one day and I was talking to my dad on the phone and he asked what I was doing. I replied, "watching tv" and he called me a slacker. Then I remember what I read in my What To Expect When You're Expecting book and I said, "HEY! I've been forming capillaries all week! What have you accomplished!?" We both got a good laugh. I've been putting finishing touches on a brain this week so I feel pretty accomplished...lol!

Heidi said...

Man...I feel like a slacker.

Marc said...

I think you're amazing!

Madeline Jennnejohn said...

Ditto Marc! You're amazing!