Sunday, February 6, 2011

If I Had Only One Friend Left . . .

I truly love the song One Friend by Dan Seals. The chorus reads,
"If I had only one friend left, I'd want it to be you." 

I tell Marc this is so much how I feel about him. I feel so lucky to have my dearest friend in this world as my eternal companion and husband.

Another part of the song I love is when it says,
"Helps keep me together, And believes without a doubt, That I could move a mountain:
Someone to tell it to." 

Oh how this last line speaks to my heart. I was older when I married Marc and I believe up unto that point, I had "moved several mountains" so to speak. But oh how much more beautiful it is to know that every time I do accomplish something great (or small), I have that "someone to tell it to." Marc is so sweet to listen to my every thought. He listens when I am outraged about politics, when I see a piece of artwork that I love, as I complete a hike or run a race, when I am giddy with excitement about my new clothes, when I have a new project all laid out in my head, when I go on and on about work, when I want to share a funny story about the kids, when I want to talk about The Biggest Loser or Brett Michaels and when I just need someone else to know that I am sad-he is there.

I am so very thankful he is my "someone to tell it to."

4 comments:

Marc said...

I love my wife!

Megan said...

You guys are so cute! Glad you found each other!

Unknown said...

I love you both. What a good fit.

Heidi said...

You guys are MFEO