Monday, February 14, 2011

The latest nesting projects . . .

I made this darling wall hanging out of the scrap fabric, some spray paint and a stencil sheet. Learn how to here.
Baby girl's blanket-is this adorable or what? I sewed the top, we had someone machine quilt it and then my Mom did the binding. I am in love with how it turned out (oh and it has the softest minky fabric on the back).

Do you love this bumper pad? I designed it, cut it out and aligned the pieces and my Mom did all the sewing-she is amazing!

Then I just had to make some of these cute hair bows with the scraps from the fabric. I still have lots of scraps and hair clips so if anyone wants to come make some-come on over! They are super easy. (BTW-does anyone know how to attach these bows to nylons like they do for baby headbands?-I made matching flowers for Lucy and the little lady)

Still to come: a sweet bedskirt for the crib, we'll be painting the nursery, hanging up the curtain we made to hide the storage shelves and hanging up the valance we made . . . and then . . . ??? ;)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

So cute! I love the bumper. I never really nested because I was always too tired. How did you manage to get all this done with two kids?

Christine said...

I saw that ABC idea online and loved it. I might try to make one for the girls.

Mary Susan said...

The nylons have a a piece of ribbon sewed on to it (so then you don't see where the nylons are sewn together at), but one side is left unattached. Then you just slip the clip through the loop. This way you only need a few headbands and can change the bow. I hope that makes sense, it's kinda of hard to explain.

ls said...

love it all. and i would second the comment to sew a little section of ribbon on the headband and then attach clips to the bows so you can just clip the bow on and interchange to match any outfit. there are plenty of tutorials for that online if you do a search.

and i adore that picture of david and his daddy getting ready for church. love.

and lastly, i loved your comment on karissa's blog about kids and sex both getting better with time. amen, sistah. :)