Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dear Lucy,

Oh my dear sweet little baby girl. I have this same picture on my dresser and you often grab it and say, "Oh Mom, remember this is me when I was a baby?" I always say, "Yes, I do remember. You were so sweet." You were my first baby. The first I felt move within me. The first I lovingly nursed.  The first time I touched you, something in my heart told me you were mine. Then I started to talk to you and Grandma Sampson pointed out that you looked right towards me . . . I knew at that moment I was finally the Mom I had been waiting to become.  Sweet Lucy, I am so grateful I can learn how to be a Mommy with you. I am not perfect, but you make me try so hard every day to give you my very best. You have taught me just how precious each moment is with my children and each day I treasure Motherhood more and more because of you. Thank you for helping me to understand just how valuable time really is.

And now you are growing into such a lovely lady (I love your dainty hands in this picture). You are so excited for your baby sister to come. You told me from the very beginning it would be a sister. I have no doubt you knew. I know from having my sister, that there is a very special bond that comes when Heavenly Father sends sisters to a family. You tell me often how you will take good care of "the baby in your tummy". And you talk about how you will read her books and sing her songs. I know you will be the best big sister ever.  You are anxious for her to get here and I know the love you have for her now will only multiply as you and her become dear friends. My Mom would always tell me, "Your sister is the one friend you will ALWAYS have in your life. She is a gift from Heavenly Father and  you need to be so grateful for her and treat her that way." I am so excited to see the gift of sisterhood grow in my own little family. I love you Lucy-goose. You will always be my Lucy-goosey-girl!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Oh how sweet! I bet she just can't wait for sister to arrive.

ls said...

i love that your lucy is getting a sister. i can't believe how much joy there is in giving siblings to your children, and i especially think there is something special between sisters. it will be so fun to watch your two girls develop that bond together.

i wish you would have said hi at the RS training! i would have loved to have seen you and that beautiful belly, and given you a hug. i still think so fondly back on my time in your classes and am so grateful for the positive influence you were, and continue to be, in my life. it would be fun to get together and let our kids play and just catch up sometime :).