Monday, April 4, 2011

Valentine's Day Get-Away

These photos are a bit late b/c they were on Marc's phone. We had a lovely over-nighter without the children right around Valentine's Day. We went to Midway (one of our favorite areas-it is where we went for our honeymoon). We stayed at The Zermatt Resort where we went swimming, lounged around and made breakfast at the condo we stayed in. Then we were off to go snowshoeing.

I forgot the water bottle, but we had a sippy cup in the car so Marc filled it with snow for us to drink later-just in case. He is so resourceful ;)

As we were exploring Marc noticed something. We had stumbled across the cottage we stayed in for our honeymoon. It was so sweet and I loved that he realized it first.

We went back and cleaned up a bit and then we went to see this ice castle this man had created through sprinklers and freezing water. It was really amazing.

You could walk right through all of these different passage ways.

It was such a unique experience (and I love Marc in black).

I love the adventures I have with my love. And the kids had a great time while we were away thanks to Grandma & Grandpa Sampson!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That castle is so cool! Looks like a fun getaway!

Madeline Jennnejohn said...

I love that you're still wearing that pink hat!! I must say that has to be the best gift I've ever given you based on the number of pictures it shows up in!