Thursday, April 21, 2011

Decorating Easter Eggs

This girl thought this was just about one of the best things we've ever done for Family Home Evening.

It was so fun to watch her be so gentle and deliberate with each egg.

David on the other hand, would slam dunk each egg that was handed to him. It was pretty comical.

Of course Lucy loved the pink/red eggs the most.

Does this look like a face of contentment or what? I think she was very pleased with her efforts.

David had this very perplexed look on his face through most of the process. It cracked us up. The next day when I let them choose an egg for their breakfast (the kids usually eat hard boiled eggs really well). David just stared at his and wouldn't eat it at all.

Lucy with all of her creations.

The boy's creation.

We ended the activity with a book about Easter. I am pleased to report that Lucy could tell us that we celebrate Easter because "It was the day Jesus was resurrected" (her words) before she even knew what the Easter Bunny was. 

After we were all done, Lucy said she wanted to show Grandma Sampson her eggs. I told her she could show them to her tomorrow when Grandma would be at our house. Then I told her how when I was a little girl I used to decorate eggs with Grandma Sampson. She then said, "And when I was a little girl I used to decorate eggs with Grandpa Sampson!" Umm, ok?!?

1 comment:

Christine said...

Such a boy and a little lady. :)