Sunday, January 1, 2012

Our sweetest Christmas gift

Our dear friend Julie gave us a true gift from the heart this year. She made each of our children a precious whale crafted from old outfits of Jonah's. Then she gave Marc and me a whale ornament from his clothes and she gave our family a book about Jonah. It is the most tender gift I have ever received. But the sweetest part of all was when Julie said to me after we opened our gifts, "You got everything everyone else in my family got because you are family." How grateful I am for the blessing of this dear sister in my life.


Vivian loves her Jonah whale

David needed to eat lunch with his Jonah whale

My Mom always had a few select ornaments that were reserved to go towards the top of our tree and as we would hang them up she would share with us their story. Our sweet Jonah whale ornament will always have a spot reserved towards the top of our tree and I look forward to telling his story every Christmas.

1 comment:

Christine said...

That is the sweetest gift. Made me cry a little.