Saturday, February 18, 2012

Happy Heart Day

Marc took me dancing at The Provo Valentine's Ball and it was so much fun! I had a neighbor friend come do my hair and we got all dressed-up for the occasion. I cannot think of the last time I did this and I loved it! They had a delicious dinner, the ballroom was decorated lovely, each couple got their picture taken by Justin Hackworth, every lady received a long stem rose and then we danced the night away to a live band. Marc and I knew just enough to be dangerous on the dance floor. We laughed so hard that my cheeks were hurting by the end of the night. It was a very sweet way to spend time with my Valentine.

On the actual Valentine's Day, we went to breakfast as a family. I would love to make this a tradition. Lucy and David sat on a bench by themselves for the first time without having Marc and me right there to help them (well-we were right across the table, but you know what I mean).  It was so fun to watch them interact as these little humans. Vivian loved eating bites of the wheat pancakes and made us smile with her innocent joy in everything around her. Later that day, Grandma Kay stopped by with Valentines and toys and then to add to the magic, just before she left, Grandma Sampson showed up with her Valentines. It was so fun. We ended the night with incredible pizza from Slab and sugar cookies from Smart Cookie. YUMMY! It was a great way to celebrate a day with the people I love most.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Ooooo, a dress up ball for Valentines Day . . . that does sound fun!