Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Blessings of a Modern Day Prophet

As I have enjoyed the harvest from our garden this season I could not help but to reflect on my gratitude for a modern-day prophet. I know that since a child we have been counseled as Later-day Saints to grow a garden, but it was not until I planted my own garden that I really began to understand how blessed we are by following this counsel. Our family has enjoyed the most delicious vegetables, we have eaten even healthier because of the endless supply of yummy veggies, we could eat tomatoes with no fear during the salmonella scare, we saved all kinds of money and we grew together as a couple with a common project to work on.

How blessed we have been. I thought that if all we had to rely on were the words of ancient prophets, we would be so limited. Can you imagine how silly it would have been for Moses to counsel his people to plant a garden? They'd probably respond with something like, "How else would we feed our families?" But through the power of a Modern Day Prophet, we can reap the blessings in our day.

1 comment: