Monday, September 8, 2008

Top Ten for Ten Months

Lucy,

I can't believe it has been 10 months. I think about what we will do for your first birthday almost daily. You have been the greatest blessing to our family and a great source of entertainment!
Ten things I didn't know 10 months ago . . .

1) How many people would love you. I knew Daddy and I would love you, but I have been overcome by how much others love you too. Your nieces adore you, your sisters can't stop looking at you, your aunts practically stand in line to hold you and spoil you with gifts, Heidi could eat you up, you have your grandparents wrapped around your finger, and even the clerk at the grocery store can't wait to talk to you!
2) How much I would love to nurse you and have the opportunity multiple times each day to hold and cuddle you.
3) That you could be so funny already. I find myself laughing aloud everyday at something you do. My favorite is when you blink both your eyes at me or Daddy.
4) That you would know so quickly who your Grandmas are (not so much the Grandpas yet). You could listen to your Grandma Kay sing all day long and you have to grab your Grandma Sampson's face every time you see her.
5) Your love of music is amazing. It is often a sure bet to calm you in the car-especially if we play "Lucy Locket"
6) How in debt I would feel to Baby Einstein-those 15-20 minutes of peace is priceless!
7) If I had limited time before I went somewhere, I would get you all ready and not care if my hair and make-up wasn't done.
8) How much peace I would feel in my heart watching you sleep.
9) How difficult it would be to manage baby hair.
10) How much your Daddy would obsess over every part of your life. Lucy, he loves you so much and you are so blessed to have him for your Daddy. I hope you will study him closely and find a man who will be just as gentle and kind to you as he is to me.

Happy 10 Months Baby Girl!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

What a big girl! It's so fun to have you around!

Christine said...

Holy cuteness Batman! I totally agree with numbers 6 and 8.