Thursday, December 17, 2009

San Diego Day 1

The day we flew out of Utah it was -9 degrees!!! We picked a great time to head to California. The kids were so confused as to what we were all doing up at 5am. Lucy kept saying, "Hold a David's hand".
Once we got there, these two were inseparable. Lucy loved her cousin Braden and he loved her!
My sister took us straight to the beach-oh the weather was perfect. Of course the locals were all in coats and boots, but we were in heaven with our flip-flops.
Watching the waves roll in will always be a favorite pass time of mine. The water was a bit chilly, but we still enjoyed getting our feet wet.
Me and my sister. Yes, we are close in age. No we are not twins. Yes, she is older than me.
David's first time at the beach . . .
Lucy loved the beach. She kept digging her hands in the sand and even rolled in it. She was in heaven.
I LOVE this picture. What must be going through David's mind?
Checking out the ocean. Oh and if it looks like we had the beach all to ourselves, that's because we did. My brother-in-law is in The Navy so we had access to a military only beach. Pretty sweet.
We ended the day with dinner at my cousin's (Ray & Tammy). Karen & Walter came too. It was so fun to see them and their kids. Nothing beats family time!

3 comments:

girlsmama said...

I LOVE visiting CA. But I'm so glad I don't live there anymore.

Heidi said...

I'm happy to see that 2 kids have not gotten in the way of the "dip"!

Christine said...

Those are insanely cute pictures. The top one is so precious - holding hands. SO cute! Love the dip too, you sexy mama!