Monday, February 8, 2010

Dear Children

When one of you is sad, it is seeing your brother or sister that can instantly make you smile. All Lucy has to do is acknowledge David and he is all smiles. You innately brighten each others' day. You were meant to be here for one another. Please never forget this.

When the world about you changes. If you lose a friend you thought would always be there. If we ever have to up and move and you don't know anyone. If you ever feel alone. Know this; your sibling was sent from your Heavenly Father so you will always have a best friend.

Love,
Mom

4 comments:

Christine said...

So how do you get your children to like each other? Maybe it takes having a girl first. My two pick at each other all the time.

Katie said...

I'm not sure? I do always remember my Mom telling me similar advice regarding my sister and me: "Be nice to your sister, when you have no one else, you will always have her. God gave her to you so you wouldn't have to be alone. Don't ever let someone else come between you and your sister." and so forth. I plan to always tell my children the same thing.

I'm sure we'll still always have "our days" though ;)

JMadd said...

I think it's wonderful that your children have such a great relationship already.

Unknown said...

I remember in one of my classes Dr. Dyches said that the longest relationship you will ever have in your life is with your siblings. It always stuck with me!

I love that these two get along so well!