Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What was I thinking?

In Lucy's The Friend magazine this month it had a great story about the man who carved the words "Holiness to The Lord" on The Salt Lake Temple. After the story it gave the idea to make your own banner. I looked at Lucy and said, "Shall we make one?"
What was I thinking??? Do you see all of those little letters cut out of felt? And then they were HOT glued on to the bigger piece of felt. The activity consisted of me saying a whole lot of, "Don't touch that." "That will burn you." "Only Mommy uses scissors." and so forth. And after we got done, Lucy wanted to rip the letters off. Seriously, what part of that activity did I think my two-year-old could successfully take part in?

7 comments:

Lemme said...

hahahaha...this is so funny!!! you'd think we'd run things through our minds (given our backgrounds).

i once had an activity where i wanted my sunbeams to memorize MEMORIZE the 4rd article of faith...a 3-year-old!!!

Lemme said...

hahahaha...i just wrote 4rd...i meant 4TH...hahaha...maybe i shouldn't be teaching children.

Unknown said...

Just so you know, when I was babysitting, she was quite proud of the banner her mom made for her. She only tried to pick off one letter once, and she was quite happy telling me what the letters were.

Rebekah said...

ah, i have done similar things so many times with my girls. i have this fairy-tale picture in my head like, "won't this be so much fun?!" i picture the cute blog posts and photo albums, and then it's a complete disaster, and we have nothing but one frustrated mom and 2 cranky kids to show for it. such is life.

girlsmama said...

I have ideas like that all the time! Luckily I'm not an executor, just and idea maker, or I'd probably swear a lot.

Kathryn said...

That's how I feel when we dye Easter eggs.

callie said...

haha. that happens to me way too often when i attempt a craft with the kids. but i can tell you sure are a thoughtful sweet mom for trying.

p.s. can i just say how much i love david's mini plumber's?! hilarious katie!