Monday, January 17, 2011

Fabrics for the nursery


Here are the fabrics for the nursery. The scenery fabric (far left) will cover a wall of built-in shelves, the stripey fabric will be for the valance and all four fabrics will be used to create the bumper pad and bed skirt, and . . .

I was looking for the fabric with a fellow teacher friend and we both just melted over this ABC fabric. Naturally I had to buy it and I intend to (with much help from my mother) make a lovely quilt for our sweet little lady. 

With Lucy I went with all primary colors (which I LOVED). It worked out well since David came along a short while later so the room is cute for both of them. But with this baby, I just want to go all out girl! I figure eventually Lucy will be sharing the room with her anyway. Oh, it was so fun! You like?

4 comments:

Becky J. said...

I like! Super cute. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Oh, and I found the Big Sister shirts at Kohl's but I see them everywhere. My favorite is when I've seen them in 9-12 mo. size. Why would anyone need that shirt in that size?! :)

Unknown said...

Will you please send me your scraps? Better yet, make my baby some too?

Joe and Becky said...

I love it! I'm glad you're getting super-girly. There's so much cute girl stuff out there!

ls said...

darling! i especially love the abc one. so old fashioned and sweet. can't wait to see the finished products!