Thursday, January 20, 2011

Things we do lately . . .

-I've got the nesting bug and have begun gutting out the office to convert it into the nursery. I have also rearranged Lucy & Davids' room, painted a new dresser to put in there and drafted plans for Marc to make an end table.

-David & Lucy love The Starfall website. David waddles over to the computer and says, "Friday?" all the time. He would play with me on it forever if I let him. He's starting to learn his colors from it which is so fun to see. He also loves to bring you a book and say, "Read it." He will do this forever if you let him too.

-We had our ultrasound today. The baby looks very healthy and well. We feel very grateful. I love her.

-Lucy loves to practice dance class all the time. She also practices music time from Primary where she's the teacher. It cracks me up to hear her mimic the things just how the teacher says them.

-I'm teaching the reading class this semester. It is probably my most favorite class to teach. I love the idea that I am empowering all of these future teachers and parents with the skills on how to teach someone how to read.

-Marc is busy with his church calling. He really enjoys his interactions with the students and I know he is a wonderful example for them.

-I am tired a lot. I take a nap every day that I can.

-If we have been out running errands for a while, I usually get the kids nuggets to help pacify them. David has figured this out and has started to say, "Nugget?" after we've been to more than a couple of places.

-I feel like I spend a lot of time at Dr's appointments. I really appreciated that my nurse told me last time how proud she was of me for only gaining 2 pounds over the holidays instead the average 10 pounds she had been seeing by most of the women. Funny how perspective changes things ;)

-Well that was random, but just some things I wanted to get down.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Only 2 pounds over the holidays and pregnant?! Wow, you ARE amazing. :)

Mary Susan said...

Your reading class, and all of the other classes you taught, were by far my favorite classes in our program. I can't wait to start teaching Ali how to read!