Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy New Year!

When I lived in Asia, they have a tradition of giving out red envelopes for New Years filled with money. I have kept this tradition going with my family (except for now we don't put money in, but things like suckers)

Lucy and David both enjoyed ripping open their envelopes to see what was inside.

They got a sucker and some Chuck E Cheese tokens to take to their cousin, Eliza's birthday party that day. It was a hit! 
"Gongchee-fa-chi!"


Something I have loved since I got married has been the ability to keep and create our family's traditions. We have kept many of the traditions from our families, some traditions we have abandoned and some we have adopted that we have seen other families do or we picked up from living outside of the country. Marc has been such a good sport about this and we really have so much fun. I love my little family.

No comments: