Saturday, September 8, 2012

Staycation 2012

Our staycation this year was very loosely planned and it end up being a blast! We had planned to stay at hotel nearby, but before we booked anything Lucy mentioned that she wanted to sleep in our backyard-so we did! We started off the morning by walking to The Provo Bakery. I even indulged and got an old fashioned donut-Yum. Then we headed to The Springville Library for story hour. I loved watching David raise his hand and participate. He is getting so big. Then Marc and the kids drove me to meet up with a friend so we could eat lunch with Condoleeza Rice, Mia Love, Senator Hatch, Governor Herbert . . . . (it was so inspiring). The biggest take home message for me was the importance of FREEDOM. "Under freedom people reach their highest potential." -Condoleeza Rice. When Marc came to get me, Vivian and David were asleep in the car and Lucy was fading fast. We decided to let them sleep and took a drive through the canyon. I love to see the leaves this time of year. I treasured talking to Marc as the kids slept. Before we knew it, we were in Heber so we checked out the Heber Creeper. David LOVED that we were at a train station! Then we dined at The Dairy Keen-such delicious shakes. We wandered back to Provo and Marc decided to buy a fire pit while I entertained the kids at The Dollar Store. We came home, set up the tent and fire pit, invited Uncle Ryan and Aunt Jayna to join us with Eliza & Norah and the night was nothing short of magical . . . (Notice how David is learning well how to be a good Steed Man above.)

The cousins dining on hot dogs and s'mores while they enjoy the fire and glow and the dark bracelets.

Roasting marshmallows with my love. I love being a parent and getting to plan all these cool things to do with my spouse.

The kids ate so much chocoalte, marshmallows and hot dogs. It was great. And isn't Norah darling!

We always love an evening spent with these two. And the kids love to play with their cousins. The kids thought the tent was the coolest thing ever.

Such a blessed little family. By this point Vivian was already inside the house fast asleep. The long day had just worn her out. Lucy & David were full of giggles and energy though.

Marc slept in the tent with Lucy & David while I "sacrificed" and slept inside with Vivian. He told them lots of stories-he is such a great Dad.

Vivian was ready to party in the morning.

Then we had pancake muffins for breakfast, went on a walk and then headed to Heidi's to swim. Now Marc is golfing while the little ones nap. We will go on a date when he returns while the kids play with a sitter. The greatest thing I have on this earth is the TIME I have to be with my sweet family.

No comments: