Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Happy 2 Years (officially) . . .

Happy Two Years Babe!
Shortly after we were married we saw The Nativity. The role Joseph played really stood out to me. He was so good to Mary, met her every need, sacrificed for her happiness and loved her unconditionally. He was such a great man. It is no surprise to me that when Mary was called to be The Mother of the Son of God that she was given an equal partner as stalwart and loving as Joseph. At the end of the movie I stood in incredible gratitude for Joseph. Then as Marc opened my car door for me, I hugged him tight and said, "You are my Joseph".

With all of the commotion of getting married, we never did get our rings engraved so I asked Marc if we could do that for our 2nd anniversary. He, of course, complied. His ring now reads, "You are my Joseph", and everyday he does something more to make this statement even truer.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this. It's very "Katie." Perfect!

You look lovely!

Lemme said...

WOW! I can't believe it's been two years since that day! I remember waiting at the temple with Bre and Melissa. Mel and I rushed there right after we took the Praxis and your family was so fun and all the little kids were so cute and well behaved! You are gorgeous!!

Becky J. said...

Happy Anniversary! That's a cute engraving. I engraved Joseph's ring when I bought it and I'm sure glad I did because he lost it at ward basketball once and the engraving was the only way it got back to him.

Jason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

Now that is romantic!!

girlsmama said...

What a wonderful sentiment!