Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Seeing Double




Lucy and I are so lucky to have Katie be a part of our lives that we wanted to publicly express how much we love her.

Lucy says thanks for giving her life, nourishment, and love.


Katie has provided the same things for me: She is the reason it is hard to leave for work and why I look forward to coming home. Her energy and excitement about even some of the mundane and prosaic aspects of life adds to my quality of life. She also provides nourishment in the form of helping me grow and progress. I'm often taken aback by her insights and understanding. For example, her sense of home decorating (I'm not talking about knick-knacks, but rather paint colors, etc.) is great. Likewise, she has an eye for art; not just an appreciation of it, but for looking beyond the obvious to see deeper meaning and intent. Indeed, that is how she nourishes my life-by reminding me of deeper meaning and intent. Finally, she offers love. Unconditional love. For me this comes in the form of keeping our house running smoothly, making me lunch, greeting me when I come home in the way that only Katie greets me, her willingness to resolve difficulties, and the many sacrifices she makes on my behalf.

Thanks, Love, for two wonderful years. Love, M

2 comments:

JMadd said...

H-O-T, hot! Nice pic.

Katie said...

Sweet thoughts, Sweetheart. Not so sure about the picture choice ;) -Katie