Monday, August 25, 2008

Picking Apricots

My Great Grandma Sampson and my Grandpa Sampson came out for a day of harvesting. We picked apricots from our neighbor's yard. Below is My Great Grandma entertaining me while my Mom climbed this tall, tall ladder . . .
This is my Mommy on the ladder. She was worried it might fall, but Grandpa said it would just catch her on a lower branch. Mom wasn't too comforted by this idea.
This is to show you how stinkin' tall the ladder was and Mommy was almost at the top!
This was about half of our loot. We're going to have apricot jam coming out of our ears!

4 comments:

girlsmama said...

What a brave mommy! And I'm sure the jam will taste even better because of that!

Unknown said...

Super scary ladder, but totally worth it!

ls said...

leave it to a grandpa to give you that comforting bit of advice :).

Heidi said...

AHHHH! No more apricots!