Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Why Does 9 Months Seem So Old???

If you have talked with me lately, most likely you have heard me say, "Can you believe Lucy is 9 months old?" It has really thrown me that she is getting so grown up. I can't believe in 3 months she will be a year old.
Life with Lucy just gets better by the day. I find myself watching her and breaking out into giggles at how cute she is. I have to squeeze her and tell her how much I love her every time I pick her up (and as I'm holding her too). I love it when she blinks at me and makes a silly little coughing sound. This has turned into a little game we play of blinking and coughing back and forth to one another. It makes me smile every time I say "So Big" and she raises her little arms up to her forehead. She is becoming my little buddy and I am so grateful for this little piece of heaven in my life. Words could never express the gratitude I have for the blessing it is to raise a child.

5 comments:

Danica Osborn said...

she is such a doll!!! i can't beleive she's already 9 mos. either--time just flies! (i think claire was about this age when we started trying again, which seems crazy to me now, but it was around then that she felt so big and not like a baby anymore.) it is fun having your best bud around all the time, huh?!

Unknown said...

I've been thinking the same thing! NINE MONTHS.

Wow.

ls said...

nine months does seem old. i felt that way with georgie, too. it is amazing how fast time slips by. she will be walking before you know it. i love that she does "so big." we do that one at our house, too. did you get it from "pat the bunny" ? she is beautiful, katie. her long hair is amazing.

mindy said...

the crazy thing about babies is that they change SOOO much in such a short period of time. In what other area of your life can so many things change in four weeks time? I think that is one thing that I love about having a baby around--it does weird things to our perception of time.

And nine months is a big milestone--some evolutionary biologists say that humans actually have an 18 month gestation--9 months inside and 9 months outside. Those first nine months out are very important because babies are so helpless and dependent at birth.

Anonymous said...

Katie Lucy is adorable!! I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. Quintin is now 7 months and is crawling and gets in to everything... he's so curious! When school starts again I'll have a car when BJ isn't at work so we should get together. Hope to see you soon!