Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Family Time

We took a wonderful trip to St. George and Zion National Park last weekend and we had a blast! It was so wonderful to be together as a family.
We did some great hikes together. The photo below pretty much sums up what most of the time was like. My wonderful husband carried David and helped Lucy navigate the trails.

Oh, how I LOVE the views in Zion. I could move there tomorrow.
Marc is so great to always turn everything into a teaching moment. He is such an incredible father.
The whole family in a photo actually looking towards the camera! That deserves a spot on the blog.
Lucy hiked at least a mile all by herself. She was such a trooper. When she got tired, I would give her a lift.
Lucy found this toy skunk in the gift store and was showing it to this sweet couple. She was telling them that its name was Lilly and that she just loved it. Before we knew it, the lady bought her the skunk. Marc and I couldn't believe it.
We went down so Marc could help with the IronMan. He got to give out the medals at the finish line-pretty sweet eh.
While Marc helped at the race, the rest of us visited my Great Aunt Loretta. She is always so great to be around.
The next day we did a little more exploring. Is this baby the cutest thing you'd ever want to lug around or what.
Here we are at weeping rock. Lucy didn't like that the water was falling on her, but once we put her hat on, she got over it.
And then we were ready for home. Such a great time to be had by all.
Marc's Dad challenged us last year to take time to have family vacations together (meaning OUR little family). We have taken this to heart and it has been a real blessing for us.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Oh how I lovefamily time! And hubby's favorite place in the world is Zion National Park. I think he'd live there too if they'd let him.

Heidi said...

What a fun trip! I'm so happy you guys got to get away. Thanks for all the things you teach me about making a great family!

JMadd said...

It looks like a fun trip. And Lucy is a charmer... it doesn't surprise me that a nice lady bought the skunk for her. I'd have done the same thing.

Kathryn said...

I can't believe how big Lucy and David are getting!!