Sunday, May 9, 2010

A little while ago . . .

I went to Disneyland as a single lady with no commitments to anyone but me. It was fun, it was adventurous, it was easy to ride every ride and see all the sites.
Then in December I went to Disneyland as a Mother of a 2 year-old and a 6 month-old. I found myself on a completely different schedule. We chose rides that wouldn't be too scary, spent a lot of time in Toonland at a slide we could have found at our neighborhood park, stood in a long line to see Minnie Mouse, looked for places I could discretely nurse a baby, and stood in awe at all the helium balloons. At the end of the day, we had seen maybe 1/50th of the park . . . and somehow it ended up being the most magical experience I have ever had there.

Becoming a Mother has changed my life in so many ways and I wouldn't trade the small moments of discovery for anything. I am grateful to be a Mom. I hold the title very close to my heart. To all the Mother's whose lives have been and will be eternally changed, I say: Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Madeline Jennnejohn said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too! I love ya!