Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day was Special

Marc made sure to make me feel special on Mother's Day (but he makes me feel special no matter what the day).

The day started with yummy omelets and then I was treated to go back to bed while Marc took the kids on a walk. Oh how I love naps! Then as we were just about to leave for church, Marc said, "You need your flowers." He then pulled out a lovely corsage with my favorite flowers on them (white daisies and yellow roses). I was so touched. It reminded me of how my Mom always looked on Mother's Day. I felt like a very special lady with my flowers on at church.

For my gift, I got exactly what I asked for, an hourglass (as in a TRUE 60 minute one). I told Marc I wanted one to use everyday to remind me to spend at least that much time a day just playing with my children. I used it today and I loved the reminder!


The best part of the day was the time we spent together as a family. Marc did not have to go to his BYU Ward and we had the whole day to be with one another. I loved every moment. It is so true that the best thing we can give our families is time and I am grateful for the visual reminder this hourglass will be for me every day. I hope every Mother was able to feel special on Mother's Day and that most of all, you had time to be with the ones you love.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I really like the hourglass idea. I really need one as a reminder.