Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hiking for 5 hours with 4 kids 4 and under . . .

We rode the ski lift at Sundance to hike to Stewart Falls. Part way up, Vivian decided she needed to nurse. It was a bit of an adventure, but we pulled it off.

My sister and her boys joined us. They were in love with the scenery (who wouldn't be)

Here we are: 2 month old on Mom in the Bjorn, 2 year-old on Dad in the Kelty and the 3 1/2 year-old hiking on her own-sheesh!

The 3 1/2 year-old got some lifts from a very strong Daddy most of the way.

Sweet Vivian slept most of the way. That Bjorn is magical!

There was a lot more water this year, so my strong husband helped/carried everyone over this part.

except for me, because I'm rugged!

We made it! I love this site and I love this hike!

The kids loved playing in the water-especially David!

Our newest addition to the hiking crew.

The hike was a loop, so the best part of the hike was getting to the end of the trail (the beginning for many who don't take the lift) and after some pretty intense hiking with some very young children, we see the trail was actually closed!!! Bless our hearts.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh that is so sad I almost want to cry for you that the trail was closed at the end and you had to nurse on a ski lift you are crazy! A good memory once it is over I imagine.