Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sweet Ruby Jane

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgxwUT9Vd5g1EdQuJCinr1nE6inMC65MK0J8WO4no0bFIbiGXAh5wRWWrta5PwFbXmki2A-yP6qySKNM1NTbo0WM5khmrAoHPrbQP5S95VMfaJHbsRu8LBCDAdf6MWgp9lA0bLDV3HBQl0P/s1600/photo%252816%2529.JPG
One of my former students has a sweet little daughter named Ruby Jane who is in desperate need of a liver transplant. Will you please take a moment to pray for her and her dear family. 
The more I get to know Ruby and hear of her Mom's trials, the more I recognize just how very blessed I am. They both have taught me how magical it is to be a part of the simple things in life. Through their example I find myself getting on the floor and playing with my children more. I embrace the opportunities I have to do things for my children like bathe them or sing to them as I get them dressed. I welcome opportunities to feed and eat a meal with my family. I find myself holding my children a little longer and listening a bit more intently. I  laugh more and get frustrated less. And I find myself welcoming the opportunities we have to just be at home with each other. Simply put, I have been taught (and reminded) the blessing it is to be a Mom. 
***I wrote this last night and I just learned that sweet little Ruby is now resting in heaven, no longer in pain.



1 comment:

Aimee said...

I've been reading about her story as well. It's heartbreaking and a good reminder to savor each moment with your children. They are having a fundraising auction for the family on this blog August 15-22nd. http://rubyjanetaylor.blogspot.com/