Thursday, March 13, 2008

Four Months


Dear Lucy-

It's been quite a month. I ruptured the biceps tendon in my right arm, which required surgery and rendered my arm and hand unusable. It's been difficult to be as involved in your care as I would like to be since I can hold you with just one hand. Mommy has had to take over your bath time and diaper duty and has done so without complaint. In addition, Mommy has assumed care of Daddy, too, as I cannot get dressed completely. Thank goodness for a loving Mommy and wife.

Here are ten things I've learned and/or observed this past month:

1) Mommy has a endless supply of love and caring for you (and me!).
2) You rolled over from your tummy to your back.
3) You roll over more quickly when you are mad,
4) When I call home during the day to say hello to Mommy, I love the sound of you cooing in the background. It's not so amusing when you are fussing.
5) If you are nursing when I come home, you will stop and smile at me when I kiss Mommy hello.
6) When I hold you facing out and walk around, you will run your hands over the back of my hands.
7) You look around for Mommy when you are not with her.
8) You cross your legs when you nurse, looking so comfortable.
9) Your voice is so sweet, it makes me smile when you "talk."
10) You love to be outside, even if you have to squint in the sunshine.

Love, Dad

No comments: