Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Love Is . . .

I have a little routine: I hear Lucy wake-up, Marc rubs my back, I put on my slippers, I use the restroom, wash my hands, take out my retainer and then begin my day as wife and mother.

The other morning, after an exceptionally long night, my routine was completely off and it was all I could do to just get Lucy and begin to meet her needs. As I sat feeding her, my dear sweet husband came out (quite disheveled in a similar lack of sleep state as me) holding my retainer case for me to put my retainer in.

I placed my retainer in the case and Marc put the case away. It was by far one of the most romantic things I have ever witnessed. He knew me, he knew my needs, he knew my routine, he knew what I enjoyed and he desired to be there for me.

I never knew love could be this sweet. I never knew someone would know me so completely. I didn't realize I would have someone desire to serve and meet my every need. If you would have asked me 5 years ago what love was my answer would have been so simple and generic. Now I know what love is. Love is bringing you your retainer case.

4 comments:

Becky J. said...

What a sweet story! I love how that to a woman is considered romantic, but it totally is! Way to understand that, Marc!

Christine said...

That really is sweet!! You got a good man there. :)

girlsmama said...

I'm sorry for the long nights, I know them well, but how wonderful of a hubby do you have? I love it!

Jenny said...

Nothing says romance better than that!