Monday, March 10, 2008

I Did Not Know Four Months Ago . . .


1. How much I would LOVE watching you and Daddy asleep at the same time.
2. How precious your giggles and coos would be.
3. I would enjoy making girlie hair bows and buying tons of ribbon for you.
4. How tender the expression, "I walked the halls with you" really is.
5. How much fun it would be to read you a story.
6. You would actually enjoy hearing your out-of-tune Mother sing ALL THE TIME.
7. I would feel it in my heart the moment I realized you had my smile.
8. I would love spending so much time watching you . . . swinging, playing, sleeping, eating . . .
9. How sweet it would feel to have you nestle your head into my shoulder and rub your face back and forth.
10. That having you would be the sweetest, most worthwhile sacrifice I could ever make.

3 comments:

callie said...

katie, i just had to stop in and say not only am i so glad to be back in touch with you (because you have had SUCH an impact in my life in ways you'll never know), but also how much it warms my heart to read your words and still continue to learn from my favorite byu professor who is now a devoted mother.

thank you for sharing your thoughts and moments with your sweet family!

Lemme said...

i never really noticed much but you two look so much alike!! I love this picture!!

ls said...

so sweet-- LOVE all those feelings and emotions.

that picture of you two is darling.