Friday, October 26, 2012

Preschool at our house

It was our turn to host preschool at our house for David and his little buddies. The theme was citizenship. We started out with our opening time that included: a prayer, pledge, weather, calendar show & tell and nursery rhymes. Then for music time we sang You're a grand old flag as we marched around the house with instruments while I waved the flag. I then read them a story about America. Next we talked about being a good citizen. We shared ways we can be nice. Then I showed them this "service door tag" I had made. I role played doing something nice for David and I showed them how I could put it on his door. Then David saw the door tag and knew he had been served so he did something nice for Vivian and put the door tag on her door. The kids each got to make a service door tag to take home. Finally, they just had time to play with one another which they did very well. Such darling children.

No comments: