Monday, October 15, 2012

Vivian 16 months

How can my baby be 16 months old? Tonight during family prayer, Vivian toddled in and sat down in the circle as she giggled and grabbed Marc's hand. I looked at him and said, "Can we just always have a 16 month-old in our house?" She is just so darn cute. I am filled with joy when I hear her wake up in the morning and she says, "Momma? Momma? Momma? Momma? Momma?" When I go in to get her she just smiles at me from her crib. I melt every time I pick her up and she wraps her sweet tiny hands around my neck and pats my hair against my neck. Then she leans back and gives me sweet little kisses over and over. Quickly she'll look around and say, "Cucy?" and she explodes with joy when Lucy comes into her room. Once her diaper is changed, we head out to the front room and she asks, "Dadda? Dadda? Dadda? Dadda? Dadda?" This girl is overjoyed to see her Daddy. Then we sit on the couch together with her milk. She drinks it slowly as she puts her index finger in my mouth. I let her. She is my baby. Each night when I lay her down to sleep, I offer  a prayer. Though the words may change from time to time,  one phrase remains constant, "Heavenly Father, we are so thankful to have this sweet baby in our family."

No comments: