Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Walking to the temple

At the dedication of The Brigham City Temple, I felt strongly that I wanted to do something that would help my children understand that going to the temple was a big deal. The thought came to me that we should walk the three miles to get there. So we did! Along with some dear friends.


I wasn't sure what to expect, but the walk was actually very enjoyable. The kids played well with one another as we performed "musical strollers" the whole way there. I also treasured the time I had to chat with Kellie as we walked and pushed our strollers full of sweet babies. When we arrived, we had a picnic at the temple.

And here is one of the biggest reasons why I do everything I can to keep the temple and the covenants I made there a central piece to every day of my life.

No comments: