Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkins

Marc doesn't like to carve pumpkins and  I feel like it is a necessary act of motherhood to do this tradition with my family. Therefore, every year we carve one ceremonial pumpkin.

This little guy was one of four we grew in our garden this year.

Heidi joined in the festivities and Vivian decided to give her a show of all of her little pumpkins.

Yvette came too and made some delicious cookies with Lucy.

Getting all the yucky guts out.

I was shocked when Marc said he would help this year. Then we realized that the hole (which he cut, interestingly enough) was too small for his hand to fit through.

So that left Mom to finish the job. David was absolutely mesmerized by what I was doing and I'm pretty sure I was a rock star at this point. I loved carving away with his little hand on my shoulder as he was leaning on me. It made it difficult to carve like this, but I didn't mind one bit.

Our finished dude.

The next day Lucy, Vivian and I decorated some more pumpkins with stickers. (Do you love Lucy's pose?)

Vivi with her creation. She was so pleased.

No comments: